PURPOSEA primary goal of SPARK BUREAU is to be inclusive to the largest number of participants, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.If you have a team working from SPARK BUREAU, make sure each team member (including employees and contractors) are made aware of and agree to this Code of Conduct. You (the founder) will be made responsible for any violation of this Code of Conduct made by your team members. A violation from a team member may result in the whole team being put on probation and/or banned from SPARK BUREAU.
EXPECTED BEHAVIORAll SPARK BUREAU members and visitors must:
- Be considerate, respectful and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech, in person or online.
- Be mindful of their surroundings and of their fellow members and visitors of SPARK BUREAU. Alert SPARK BUREAU management if immediately if they notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that SPARK BUREAU may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons who may be in the office at any period of time.
UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIORWe do not tolerate harassment of any members or visitors in any form. Sexual language or imagery is not appropriate in any part of the office. Members or visitors violating these rules may be banned from further participation in SPARK BUREAU.Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, age, race, religion, the use or display of sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Members or visitors asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.The following behaviours will not be tolerated at SPARK BUREAU:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material – either online or in presentations.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information in an inappropriate fashion.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances, regardless of the genders involved.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Consistent interrogation.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations, or participation that generates a large number of complaints.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIORUnacceptable behavior from any SPARK BUREAU member, team member or visitor of SPARK BUREAU will not be tolerated.Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.If a SPARK BUREAU member engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent ban from participation in SPARK BUREAU.
ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR“Poaching” of Employees from Other MembersSPARK BUREAU is built on an environment of collaboration and skill sharing. We also respect each individual’s ability to choose who they work with, and the ability of startups to adequately incentivise their employees to stay with them.Because of the above, we have no objection to employees moving between startups in SPARK BUREAU, but do ask our members to do so with immense respect to the collaborative spirit we’re trying to foster.Room BookingsWe expect our members to respect other members who would like to use our meeting rooms, which are in high demand. All room bookings must be limited to 3 hours per day. Management will monitor room bookings and may cancel inappropriate bookings, and suspend members from bookings if the rule is repeatedly broken.Reporting GuidelinesIf you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing [email protected] If you are working for a startup in SPARK BUREAU, please also notify the founder/CEO.
SCOPEWe expect all SPARK BUREAU members or visitors to abide by this Code of Conduct in all online SPARK BUREAU platforms and in-person–as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to SPARK BUREAU members.This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the SPARK BUREAU office when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of any SPARK BUREAU member.
CONTACT INFO[email protected]
LICENSE AND ATTRIBUTIONThis Code of Conduct is based on the Citizen Code of Conduct and is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
Portions of text derived from the [Open Source Code of Conduct] (http://opensourcebridge.org/about/code-of-conduct/)and Google’s event code of conduct (https://www.google.com/events/policy/anti-harassmentpolicy.html)